Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tag, you’re IT!


I just heard that Diane Evans gave me this wonderful award... thanks Diane! If you haven’t been to her DEsigned blog and seen her lovely art quilts, be sure to check it out.

Here are the rules for this award:
1)  Thank the person who gave you this award.
2)  Share 7 things about yourself.
3)  Pass the award along to 5 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic!
4)  Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
I’m tagging the following bloggers to be fellow recipients of this award (click on their names to reach their blog):

Salley Mavor (don’t miss her 5-part series about illustrating her 1st book, The Way Home, with fabric.

Joyce Shelton’s Sketchbook... she has been posting a sketch almost every day of flowers, fruit, fish, and more.

Susan Elliot’s Plays With Needles has big, beautiful photos of her bead embroidery and other creative endeavors. This post about her Bead Journal Project is one of my favorites.

In Painted Threads, Judy Perez paints on fabric then quilts it. If you haven’t already seen her work in various magazines, you’re in for a treat. She posted wonderful in-process photos of the piece Oh Deer, Look What Has Become of Me.

Susan Miller posts about her children’s book illustrating and various nifty projects such as painting Christmas bulbs, gourds, and Easter eggs.

The 7 things about myself...
1) I love any color, as long as it’s in the right place
2) We haven’t bought lettuce in weeks... (my hubby is growing it hydroponically.)
3) My current favorite TV shows are Chuck and Project Runway.
4) I save my cat’s whiskers.
5) For me, shopping is a chore except in stores with art supplies, yarn, thread, beads, fabric, or handmade crafts/art.
6) I got swiped at by a tiger once. Fortunately, he didn’t have his claws out.
7) For the last year or so, I’ve been eating one vegan meal a day... it’s healthy and reduces my carbon footprint.

Happy Tuesday!


4 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

I loved reading your 7 Things, Loreen -- especially your idea of eating one vegan meal a week. That would be a great thing for all of us to do!

Diane

Diane J. Evans said...

Oops -- one vegan meal A DAY.

Diane

Quilt Rat said...

Project Runway.......oh my gosh I recently discovered it and I am hooked! I am working my way through past seasons....currently nearing the end of season 4.

Unknown said...

My husband loves it, too, especially the snarky comments amongst the designers and of course the judges' critiques.