Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My apple collage is finished... yay!

I’ve been busy finishing up the apple from the workshop (see previous post.) My friend Joyce and I took a day to paint a bunch of papers, including some disintegrating sheet music. It’s great fun to splash paint, rubber stamps, metallic paints, etc. on papers without the usual worries (is it the right color/shape/value?) 


This photo doesn’t seem to show all the colors... oh well. Without further ado, here it is:
I was a little worried about how to make the transition from the greens to the reds, so I painted some papers with blue-green lightly brushed over red, then used them along the color shift. It helped to connect those disparate colors into one form, don’t you think? Here it is in black and white:
I've been reorganizing my studio to accommodate the collage papers so it's easier to find them. Previously they were in file folders, but now they’re in those plastic drawers from the office supply store in spectrum order. Hope this works, I can’t have layers of painted papers added into my usual piles in the studio!



5 comments:

Dolores said...

Simply gorgeous. I love the blue green in there too. It works well.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

These are great looking apples!!
Cynthia Schelzig

Diane J. Evans said...

Gosh, this is pretty even in black and white! You have a wonderful talent, Loreen -- thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Diane

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I love this technique and the apples you did are fantastic! I visited her website and was amazed how she did animals etc. Got me thinking.

Libby Fife said...

That is an effective transition-good idea. I nay have to go and get some apples:)